· Bachelor and Master in Classical Clarinet; Milan, Conservatorio G. Verdi, both with maximum evaluation. With Alberto Serrapiglio (2014/2016).
· Currently studying bass clarinet master in New Music at the Conservatorium van Amsterdam, with Erik van Deuren (2018-).
· Erasmus Plus, Copenhagen Royal Conservatorium, with Jørgen Misser Jensen (2015).
· Erasmus Placement, Stuttgart Conservatorium, with Marco Stroppa (2017).
· Music Composition (2011-14), at Milan Conservatorium, with Giorgio Tedde.
· Piano as side instrument (2011/2017), at Milan Conservatorium. Graduated cum laude.
· Free improvising, (Music research laboratorium), 2017/18, at Siena Jazz, with Stefano Battaglia
Together with the
contemporary music and improvisation group ImprovvisoFantasia
Cornelius Cardew: Treatise (live recording on Youtube); Italian première
Sylvano Bussotti: Grandi Numeri (2016 Ars Publica);world première,Rewiew of the Cd can be found on the web page of the magazine: “Il Giornale Della musica”.
Giuseppe Giuliano: Mmm Nyorai Mioshoku for solo clarinet (2018; Feux D’ Artifix, ArsPublica)
Since I arrived in Amsterdam I have performed (from August 2018):
Stab Freeze Collective
· Zaal 100, 18th September.
· De Peper, 18th December.
· De Ruimte (Space is the place), 25th April.
· Concertzender, radio program, Utrecht, 13th March.
· De Ruimte (for Nieuwe Noten, Amsterdam), 7th April.
· Vondel Park open lucht teather, Light Blue, World Premiére, 9th June.
In Ensemble, with:
· At Eye Museum, 29th November (Elevated).
· At Muziek Gebouw, 18th January (Insects).
· At CvA, Haitink Zaal, 9thMay (Composer Festival).
Together with the contemporary music and improvising group ImprovvisoFantasia, led by composer and pianist Giuseppe Giuliano, Sergio Armaroli and Giancarlo Schiaffini with various repertoire from Stockhausen, Cage, Bussotti.
· Milan: 24th of July 2013, Conservatorio G. Verdi, Rassegna del Chiostro.
· Trieste: 31st of October 2014, Museo Rivoltella, for the festival “Trieste Prima 2014”.
· Turin: 30th of November 2014, Accademia Albertina di Belle Arti, for the festival“Rive Gauche”.
· Rome: 8th August 2015, Accademia Filarmonica Romana, for the festival “Musica Svelata”.
· Rome: 3rd of March 2017, Conservatorio di Santa Cecilia, Sala Accademica.
· Milan: 25th of September 2018, Museo del ‘900. Cornelius Cardew:
Treatise, Italian premiére.
duo with piano:
· Milan: March 2018, Auditorium Gaber. With pianist Luca Maringola, for the Società dei Concerti. Recital for the100th anniversary of Bernstein’s birth . (Incontri musicali, La meglio Gioventù).
Music by: Bernstein, Carlo Boccadoro, Poulenc, Brahms, Kovacs.
With kletzmer and world music:
· 27th/1/16 Conservatorio of Milano, Sala Verdi, for the Shoah commemoration day, with stalks by Goti Bauer and Samì Modiano: traditional Yiddish musics (clarinet, accordion, double bass and percussions).
· 2017 Milano, the World Music Orchestra play in the three main Prisons of Milan (San Vittore, Opera, Bollate) with Yiddish, balcanic and world music.
· 7th-10th/10/2017 Shoah Memorial of Milan, for the Yiddish Culture Day, with the partecipation of PiccoloTeatro: Improvisation of traditional kletzmer themes.
Music Academy of Stuttgart, Germany. April/June 2017
Project: on request (pdf).
Concert: Ensemble NeueMusik; 4th June 2017; Concert Hall of the Conservatorium. Music by: Yeon Choi; Marcus Caratelli; Elisabeth Paulus.
I collaborated with the composition and electronic music departments both as a performer and as a technical advisor, specifically with Marco Stroppa’s and Martin Shuttler’s pupils. I held a seminar on contemporary techniques and repertoire for clarinet solo (Grisey, Charme; Sciarrino, Let Me Die Before I Wake; Yuasa, Clarinet Solitude). During this traineeship I created a Sound library for clarinet and bass clarinet which can be sent by request.
Royal Danish Academy of Music, Copenhagen, Denmark. August/December 2015.
Concert: Annual concert of Copenhagen; Orchestra of the Conservatorium, December 2015, Music by Carl Nielsen.
I studied one semester at theRoyal Danish Academy of Music of Copenhagen under the guide of Jørgen Misser Jensen.
· “Impuls” Academy and Festival for contemporary music, Graz (Austria), 10th- 22nd of February 2019. With Ernestro Molinari, Frank Gratowski, Reinhold Friedl.
· Accademia Chigiana, in collaboration with SienaJazz (Siena,Italy), “Tabula Rasa” , 2st -27th of August 2017, seminar on improvisation held by Stefano Battaglia (Concert: Palazzo Chigi Serafini, 27th/8/17)
· “Ticino Musica”, Lugano (Switzerland), 20th July-2nd of August 2014, with Philippe Cuper.
· “I Solisti del Vento”, Lier (Belgium), 19th-25th August 2012, with Nele Delafonteyne.
Michele Mazzini 06/08/2019